These chocolate crinkle cookies are a must when it comes to holiday baking. These cookies are super chocolatey and optionally minty. They also have a crackly crust. What is a crinkle cookie without a crisp crust?!
You’ll be surprised at how many of your guests return for second (or even third) helpings, not knowing that they are gluten-free or Vegan. It’s that makes it magical. Let’s bake, friends!
How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
This vegan and gluten-free chocolate cookie recipe is easy to make and takes only 20 Minutes from start to finish.
Combine oil and sugar. Stir in flaxseed for binding and cocoa powder to give it a rich chocolate flavor. Add our 1:1 blend of gluten-free flour for everyone to enjoy. Finally, add dairy-free milk and optional vanilla or mint extract.
No chilling is required. Just scoop, roll, and dunk the sugar in powdered form, then bake!
It’s in the oven that magic happens. Look at the cracks!
If you can, let the food cool down a little, then enjoy. These will not disappoint you!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (organic or vegan-friendly).
- Cane sugar, organic (vegan-friendly), 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- We used almond milk. 1/4 cup plain unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meals
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract or peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 cup MB Gluten-Free Blend*
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Set aside the powdered icing sugar in a small dish.
- Add the avocado oil or melted coconut to a medium-sized bowl and whisk. Add flaxseed, dairy-free milk, and optionally vanilla or peppermint oil. Mix well. Add cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula into the liquid. The dough should be soft but cohesive.
- Roll the dough into a ball using a heaping teaspoon of dough. If it is too sticky, use powdered icing sugar to coat your fingers. Roll the dough ball in powdered sugar, covering it all over. Place the dough on the baking sheet. Repeat the process with the rest of the cookie dough. Place the cookie dough balls, rolled and covered, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 min. The outsides of the cookies will look cracked, and the interiors will be soft. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring it to a cooling rack.
- Keep cookies at room temperature in an airtight jar for up to 3-5 days.