The dogs have spoken: These homemade pumpkin peanut butter dog treats are deserving of the MB Blog! Our pups loved them because they were crispy, peanutty, and wholesome. They are also easy to make. Even the pickier dog of our friend loved them!
Bonus? These treats are easy to make and affordable for humans — only three simple ingredients and one bowl is required. Let’s make some dog treats!
These healthy dog treats are made with:
- Peanut Butter – A favorite among dogs, it boasts a healthy amount of fat and protein.
- Pumpkin Puree – (store-bought or homemade)- soothes digestion in pups and provides plenty of fiber, micronutrients, and nutrients.
- Oat flour – oats are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and they help crisp up the treats in the oven.
Combine your wet ingredients and add oats flour. Mix. Roll out the dough and stamp it with your favorite cookie cutter. Then bake it until crispy and golden brown.
- Peanut Butter (natural): 1/2 cup (make sure that it only contains peanuts).
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree or homemade
- 1/4 cup oats flour plus more for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (176° C) and line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the pumpkin puree and peanut butter to a medium-sized bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add oats flour next and stir with a wooden spatula or spoon. As the mixture thickens, you may have to knead it with your hands. The dough should be shaped into a rough disc. At this stage, it should feel and look like Play-Doh.
- Dust your work surface in oat flour, and then place your dough on top. Dust your disk’s top with oat flour. Roll the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/4-1/2 inches.
- Cut out as many dog treats as you can using a cookie cutter of 1 inch (or a similar size). Cut out as many dog biscuits as possible. Place them about an inch apart on the baking sheet. You don’t need to worry about them spreading, as they won’t. You can re-roll any leftover dough and use the scraps to cut out extra treats. According to the recipe, you should get about 30 dog biscuits.
- Bake in the middle rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cookies are dry. Cool on the pan for five minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before sharing them with your pets!
- Store in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 1 month or up to 1 week at room temperature.