Imagine this: It is Thanksgiving in the morning. The pies are ready, your guests are still asleep, and you only have enough time to make a batch of fresh muffins while enjoying a cup of [insert favorite morning beverage] until the cooking marathon starts. It sounds like a dreamy morning, right?
Friends, these vegan orange cranberry muffins with no gluten are the best! These muffins are tender and zesty. They’re also perfectly sugary. And they have just the right amount of tart. They’re perfect for a busy holiday morning or lazy weekend! We’ll show you exactly how to make it!
How to make Cranberry Orange Muffins
These 1-bowl beauties begin with flaxseed for the structure, plus dairy-free milk for the wet ingredient. Vanilla adds flavor and sweetness to the recipe, while orange zest juice and maple syrup bring a natural sweetness.
Almond flour, oatmeal flour, and potato starch are combined to create a thick, fluffy batter that holds up well against the juicy cranberries. Please, and thank you, no soggy muffins!
Baking powder, baking soda, and salt are the remaining essentials for muffins. They will ensure that they rise and taste great!
We add fresh cranberries to the mix for a pop of color. Hello, color, flavor, and nutrition! Also, frozen cranberries are great for all seasons and can be easily accessed.
The muffins are baked until they turn golden and are fluffy. They only need to be cooled for a few minutes before eating, unlike some other gluten-free baked products. Muffins on Demand!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange zest (1 medium orange yields ~1 1/2 Tbsp zest)
- Flaxseed Meal (Flackseeds ground) 2 Tbsp
- Orange juice, 1/3 cup
- Maple syrup, 1/3 cup
- Avocado oil (or another neutral oil): 2 Tbsp
- We used almond milk.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour* (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh or frozen, 1 1/2 cups whole cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (176 C). Line a standard-size muffin tray with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- Mix the flaxseed and orange zest in a medium bowl. Add the orange juice, maple sugar, avocado oil, and dairy-free milk. Stir well until the oil is completely incorporated with all other ingredients. Add the potato starch and baking powder. Stir well to combine the ingredients and break down any flour clumps. Fold the cranberries evenly into the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The tops of the muffins should be golden brown and will spring back to life when you touch them. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing them and letting them cool for at least another 15 minutes on a cooling rack. Enjoy them warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. Then, store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or the freezer for 1 to 6 months.